Click the picture to go to e4tg.com

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Results through September

It's been a good year so far. At the top end, I've had five students who scored 110~113 on TOEFL. The top speaking score distribution looks like this:


I've had 10 students score 26 on the speaking section, and this doesn't include the October ~ December results. In 2010, there were just 8 students who scored 26 in the entire year. In 2009, there were just 3. Either: (1) the test is getting easier, (2) I'm becoming a better coach, or (3) my students are cleverer. I don't think it's (3) because I had some great students in 2009 who didn't score 26. We can test (1) when the fourth edition of the Official Guide comes out next May and we can compare average scores.


There are several students in the 20~23 range who I think are under-performing their potential, and I will not be surprised if their score improves in the next few months.


Good luck to everyone!