Click the picture to go to e4tg.com

Wednesday, July 5, 2023

Academic Discussion: task 3

 Here's the essay that I wrote for the third academic discussion. You can find them at https://www.ets.org/toefl/ibt-enhancements/prep.html

I wrote 173 words (7 minutes), so I needed to take 2 photos of the screen.
















Notes:

I tried to "contribute to the discussion" by acknowledging Kelly and Paul's contributions, but also saying that water and air pollution aren't big problems in Tokyo.

Then in paragraph two, I explained that climate change (global warming) is a big problem in Tokyo. Anyone who was here 30 years ago knows that it's gotten much warmer, and summers can get dangerously hot.

Finally, at the end of paragraph two, I suggested that scientists should try to pull CO2 out of the air to solve/ameliorate the problem.

This one got 5.0 too. I'm going to try some shorter essays to test the recommended 100 words.









My school, E4TG, will begin offering TOEFL Writing July 31, 2023.