Click the picture to go to e4tg.com

Friday, August 15, 2014

E4TG and IELTS

This has been quite a year with the ETS scandal in England. We thought about it, but ultimately decided not to offer an IELTS class this year.

I've never taken IELTS, but from what I've heard, it's easier to get IELTS 6.0-6.5 than TOEFL 100, but it's easier to get TOEFL 105 than IELTS 7.0-7.5.

Regardless, the same strategies can be used on both speaking sections. Here's what a former student wrote to me a few days ago:
Since my TOEFL score didn’t improve so much, I finally switched to IELTS in May. And I got 7.5 (Listening: 7.5, Reading: 7.0, Writing: 7.0, Speaking: 8.0). Additionally, I got 8.5 for speaking on the next IELTS. Although speaking for TOEFL is a little different from the one for IELTS, I used a lot of the strategies which I learned at E4TG for IELTS. That’s why my speaking score was higher than other sections, which is really rare for Japanese students. 
Please use English well!