- Started at SP22/T93, but SP was not consistent. Works at an international company. He has very good LS skills and is a very strategic student. Scored SP22 consistently, despite imperfect pronunciation (lisp), and got T104 in about 15 weeks.
- 2010 applicant looking to pick up a few points on TOEFL SP. Started at SP22/T97. I don’t recommend that people join my class looking to pick up points quickly because it usually takes 3-6 months to get up to SP23-24 consistently, but he wanted to try. Got SP24/T101 and quit after 5 weeks in order to finish his application essays for the third round. Accepted to a top ten program! Congratulations!
- Government company, started at SP17/T80. Good speed, random intonation patterns at first, but greatly improved with shadowing practice. Scored SP23 consistently by March, and got T104 in May. [Edit June 26: got T106 and is enjoying his GMAT journey!]
- Government company, started at SP17/T85. Clear, deep, masculine voice. 12 weeks to SP24, and 14 weeks to SP24/T103. If you have a voice like this guy, it’s possible to get a consistent SP23-24 score even if your strategies aren’t always perfect. [Edit 6/29: picked up a point to T104.]
- No TOEFL at start, but has a clear voice. He didn’t like the competitive classroom environment at first, but got used to it. His first TOEFL was SP17/T76 in February, up to SP20/80 in April. The major problem is the listening part of the INT tasks, not IND SP (and the RD/LS sections of TOEFL).
- International Japanese company, SP17/91 at start. Speaks too fast, which hurts pronunciation, but managed SP22/T98 after 14 weeks. Should get SP23-24 if he slows down.
- Domestic Japanese company, so no chances to speak English. SP15/T76 at start. Very slow at first, but voice was clear and intonation got much better. Speed improved a little bit, but not a lot. Developed efficient summarizing skills, which is very hard to do. Kudos! SP23 in 14 weeks, SP24/T95 in 16 weeks. Donald is impressed!
- Government company, clear voice, strategically very clever. SP17/T77 at start. Worked very hard at recycling and got SP23/T97 in 12 weeks.
- International company, SP19/T68 to start. Very clear voice. Improved to SP24/T75 in 12 weeks. T84 in May. SP isn’t his problem. SP score was higher than RD/WR.
- This student has been here 20 weeks and has improved a lot from a low base. Current best is S19/T66, but SP is the highest section score. When his workload gets lighter, he will have more time to focus on TOEFL and should make good progress.
- Very slow speaker, SP14/T64 at start. Quit job and prepare for TOEFL and GMAT full-time. SP22/T70 in 6 weeks. Left after 10 weeks for the
- Slow voice, but good intonation at start, SP18/T83. Very inspiring student! SP23/T93 in 9 weeks.
- Slow speaker at first, SP18/T81. Very hard worker and strong strategically, got SP22/T100 in 9 weeks.
- Gov. employee, slow speaker at first, SP15/T71. He needed T80 for sponsorship by his ministry. Left after 10 weeks with SP19/T81!
- Inspiration Man! Good speaker with bad “template” strategies. SP17/T86, up to SP19/T92 in 6 weeks and SP22/T106 in 9 weeks. Woo hoo! Have fun studying GMAT, dude!
- Gov. worker, SP17/T75 at start. Too busy to practice a lot, but he got S19/T83 and qualified for government sponsorship.
- This one shows the value of practice. Very slow speaker at start, SP11/T58. My class was too hard at first, but he worked very hard and got up to SP19/T79 in 9 weeks, and SP20/T86 in 11 weeks.
As always, please compare my students' results to students in any other TOEFL preparation program!